Vacation = a chance to live for what I do for a living.

I don't just photograph for a living.

I truly LIVE to photograph. I never stop taking photos and I always seem to have my camera with me. 

We just got back from a family reunion in the Glenwood Springs area of Colorado. I had the most amazing time capturing our family and the gorgeous surroundings. If you haven't been to this area of Colorado, it has spectacular views at EVERY turn.
Our extended family stayed at the picturesque Avalanche Ranch & Cabins in Redstone, CO. My family of 4 stayed in this cute cabin, pictured below, complete with a loft where the kiddos slept and a porch with morning views that made me want to wake up each morning to sit outside with a cup of coffee.
Morning coffee view from the porch.
 My kids loved the uniqueness of sleeping in a loft together and waking up to read from the light of their flashlights.
 Each evening, the dogs (and llama) herded the sheep from their pasture back to their pen. It was so fun to watch.  There were many chickens on the ranch, as well. The boys named many of them.
Our porch (like all the porches at the ranch) had a hummingbird feeder. While gazing at the beautiful mountain view, we heard the buzzing of hummingbirds going to and from the feeder.  

The most spectacular hike - Maroon Bells
If you look at this photo closely, you can see people walking along the near side of the lake. This really shows you the scale!
 Every way you turned your head it was magnificent.
Aspen trees. I rented a wide-angle lens for this trip and had a really fun time with it (and with the distortion it can create).
We took the gondola up Aspen Mountain after our hike. The views were unbelievable!
After hiking, we all loved being back at Avalanche Ranch, enjoying their natural hot springs pools, complete with amazing mountain views. 
The Ranch had a claw-foot outdoor bathtub with VERY cold water in it to cool yourself off if you get too hot in the hot springs. The boys might have had fun in that bathtub!
Glenwood Canyon 14-mile bike ride
 We have a pretty adventurous family and some pretty strong little boys! They LOVED this bike ride through the Glenwood Canyon, from Bair Ranch to Glenwood Springs.
My brother-in-law, Aaron, and I stopped to make the trek up a very rocky trail with 1000ft elevation change to the amazing Hanging Lake. It was worth it!
Spouting Rock - The source of water for Hanging Lake and the waterfalls that flow from it.
In the end, it was the amazing family we were privileged to spend the whole week with that made this trip worth it.





Comments