CITY PLAYGROUND SESSION IN THE RAIN!

I have had the absolute pleasure of getting to watch my nephew grow, laugh, start to walk and be a hilarious little toddler over the past year. However, his AMAZING au pair, Juli, has had a front row seat. They love each other. They play. They nap. They read. They sing. They talk. They do everything together. She knows him so well and they are a wonderful pair. Juli is a dear part of their family. She has become a dear part of all of our lives, as well, over the past year. 

So when Juli decided she was going to head back home (to return to school and her family) in July after an amazing year in Chicago, sadness is an understatement for what we all felt. 

We had to save the memories of sweet Juli and her bond with my nephew. So we went to one of their favorite places very close to home, Horner Park.  On my hour drive to the city for this session, I had my windshield wipers on, hoping and praying the light rain would stop. While it wasn't pouring, I wanted to give Juli and my nephew photos that they would see forever and smile. I wanted to make sure their bond and love for each other is forever captured in photographs. I didn't want the rain to deter from that. Obviously, a few sprinkles did NOT stop their fun!

With all my worry about the rain, I arrived and Juli was smiling and ready to still head to the park, to make the most of the cloudy day (it was still lightly sprinkling). So we walked to the park and I got the pleasure of following Juli and my nephew around, snapping shots of them being together, just enjoying each other's company.

Their bond is undeniable and their love is so apparent.




Comments